• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

No more Water

Is this allowing for the ice caps melting though?
The amount of water on the planet will remain pretty much fixed, and has done for the last couple of millenia. Sure it enters different phases, solid, gas, liquid; but these phases simply recycle themselves, as in polar ice caps.

Could we run out of fresh drinking water? Yes, that's certainly a possibility.

I’m not sure that’s correct. Just because we’re in a quiet period with very few if any asteroid strikes doesn’t mean there won’t be any more in the future?

IMG_7769.jpeg

The oxygen we have is also all we will ever have, most likely.

The amount of water on the planet will remain pretty much fixed, and has done for the last couple of millenia. Sure it enters different phases, solid, gas, liquid; but these phases simply recycle themselves, as in polar ice caps.

Could we run out of fresh drinking water? Yes, that's certainly a possibility.
Hmmmm….. I don’t think we can run out of water (ok fresh water maybe) as it can’t go anywhere. Nor can we receive anymore.
My icecap comment wasn’t meant to come over as it did. I just wondered if they had been considered as water sources.

The above about asteroids being the cause of water on earth intrigued me. Is this becasue they contained water? Or they broke the surface of earth allowing it to flow through.

I think information and online can certainly be very misleading.
Running out of water? Yeah absolutely but that depends on how it’s interpreted.
Plenty of countries already do not have fresh drinking water, but they do have water.

Asteroids, did they bring water to earth? Or did they release it?

Very good BBC series by Chris Packham
This one had slipped me by as I don't watch much TV but thanks for the heads up @Wookii I enjoyed watching this series 😀

I somberly wonder if some far distant species will make a program in (insert passage of time here) about our demise on this planet.

This one had slipped me by as I don't watch much TV but thanks for the heads up @Wookii I enjoyed watching this series 😀

I somberly wonder if some far distant species will make a program in (insert passage of time here) about our demise on this planet.

I'm sure they probably will - that program certainly puts into context what a speck of dust human existence has been to the history of the earth - our slice of the future fossil record may be so wafer thin as to be hardly distinguishable!

Back