• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Noisy Fluval 207

Well that didn’t go well. My Tetratec EX600 plus leaked again, in spite of fitting a new manifold supplied by Tetra. I wasn’t overly enamoured by the layout of the Fluval 207 but I thought I’d give one a try as some folks say they’re quite quiet. Sadly the one I’ve just bought isn’t. Maybe it’ll quiet down a bit when some biofilm builds up in the impeller housing? :( On top of that I had to make some hose adapters to I could fit it to my existing pipe work.

What sort of noise? Have you rocked it in each direction to get rid of trapped air? Failing that, might need to lube it a little.

Last edited:
It’s the normal humming noise you often get from canister filters. The trapped air came out quite quickly, it’s not that. I’ve managed to reduce the noise a bit by putting the filter on a closed cell foam pad.

Edit: I’ve just checked with a DB meter on my iPad and my Biomaster 350 is about 43db and the Fluval 207 is now 55db. Hopefully it will quieten down a bit more?

Well for reference, on my phone, on my Fluval 207 ( Which probably makes the result totally incompatible with yours :) ) I get 45db. I have 2 trays of Biohome ultimate plus the stock black sponge at the bottom, and full flow setting on the hoses. And I havent cleaned it in about a month :p

EDIT: Good spot Lighting Bamboozled, I was about 6 inches away, above the canister at the time

Last edited:
For reference, when posting db readings you need to specify the distance from source otherwise users can't compare them. For instance my EX1200 could honestly give you between 34 and 49db depending on whether I'm at 2m to 1inch distance.

Back