• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Noisy Oase Filtosmart 100

Runner

Hi All

I’ve just fitted a new Oase Filtosmart Thermo 100 and the hum from the pump is much louder than I was expecting. My other half has complained so much I’m probably going to have to disconnect it and put back the internal filter, which was much quieter. I’ve tried putting a few layers of soft cloth underneath to absorb the noise but it makes no difference. I think it’s the vibrations in the cabinet that are amplifying the sound.

Any tips before I junk it and chalk it up to an expensive mistake?!

Hi all,
I’ve just fitted a new Oase Filtosmart Thermo 100 and the hum from the pump is much louder than I was expecting.
What @GHNelson and @Hufsa say, but even after all the air is gone, and the hoses isolated from the body, it might take a couple of days for it to bed in and run really quietly.

cheers Darrel

Thanks all! It was all of the above :)

The hoses were vibrating against the back of the cabinet so I put some sponge under them and then it fixed itself overnight - it was loads quieter in the morning. I just needed to be patient.

Other half still hates it but is a grump when it comes to the tanks in general!

Back