• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Noob looking for help

gavp1979

Hi all, I stumbled across this forum by accident last week while looking forcommercial fertilzer reccommendations and have since spent time reading about EI and diy ferts. I have had a play with the 'IFC Fert Calculator' and think that I have got the basic idea but am not 100% sure so would like some assistance if possible so that I don't harm my fish.

I hsve a 200L tank that was set up around 8 years ago, the substrate is sand and I have cardinal tetras, dwarf gouramis and cory catfish. When I first set up the tank I bought a set of mixed plants, most of these died off quite quickly but 2 are still going and growing fast but have never looked fully healthy. I used to use TNC complete but stopped after not noticing any improvement (after reading this forum I assume this is because I was under dosing).

I have no CO2 injection so in the calculator I:
  • Filled in my tank and dosing data
  • Filled in the details from my water report, I coudn't find Phosphate or Potassion in the report so I left it blank
  • Selected the 'EI Dosing Mid' profile in the 'TargetCalculator' sheet (would this be correct?)
  • Selected a Compound from each section
    • I selected gypsum and epsom salts as I use those in my other hobby (breing ber) so generally have them in stock but would be happy to change to something else if these are not suitable
Am I correct in thinking that I mix up the ingredients on the spreadsheet with 500ml of distilled water and dose at 20ml per day?

As a bonus can anybody tell me what my plants are?
1700932026353.png

I will post pictures of the tank in a minute

Sorry, I meant to attach the spreadsheet 🤦I am not at my laptop now but I will add it tomorrow

After so many elaborate underwater gardens, seeing your simple, unpretentious aquarium is truly refreshing. I like it. :)

Depends on what you have set up on the ‘tank and dosing’ tab.
These are my details on the 'tank and dosing sheet', I went for dosing every day as I think it would be easier to get into a routine and not forget which days to dose, I would probably just feed the plants when I feed the fish
1700984092513.png

For good measure I have added the full spreadsheet

Attachments

• IFC-Fert-Calculator_v1.3.xlsx
    656.4 KB · Views: 73
Back