• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Not loosing the balance

Bolota

Hello,

After a period with a half empty tank I did a new scape and replanted (added some more substrate, changed hardscape and doubled or tripled the flora). Before that, I think I was having a good balance CO2/Light/Ferts since all signs of algae were gone... Now I'm not sure what is the wisest move, and I'm afraid of loosing the balance. On one hand, I have much more plants needing CO2/ferts, though some of them are pretty big already.... I also went for less demanding species ("easy") .... should I keep the same routine?...

Bolota

Yes, then you can see how the plants react and make adjustments if necessary. I will also add if you bought potted or in vitro plants then these will have been grown emersed and may suffer some transitional melt. be patient and watch the new growth if this suffers from melting, algae or both then that would suggest that they need more co2 ferts or flow.

Back