• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Not sure if this plant is as described..

SinkorSwim

I have been looking for some dry start method carpet plant info and came across this:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/311659073312

I guarantee you I'm not the seller of this item, more wondering just if anyone has bought this vial of seeds and how it's worked out. I can't imagine it lasting longer than your average pot of watercress but thought I'd post it here to see just how valid the 10 day claim is.

Yep, I've seen this, some time ago........
I'm not impressed, to say the least :facepalm: .
I did a little digging and from what I could find it is seeds for carpeting in standard gardening. Can't remember the actual plantname - but absolutely defenitely not aquatic..........sorry.

I came across them too lately, i have no idea but had my doubts as well and definitely not what they say it is.. And this already only by size comparison.. I can't believe HC would develop such a size seed in a flower barely noticeable with the nacked eye. I'm growing HC already emersed for over a year and it doesn't seen to grow bigger, it actualy looks like it grows slightly bigger in submersed form. Not yet seen any flowers or i just didn't notice yet, but doubt the seed they show comes from this tiny flower. it just doesn't fit. I rather believe it would be nearly impossible to collect seeds from this plant.. :)

Same for what they claim is gloso which is slightly bigger then hc but the seed still looks far to big for the gloso flower size i can find references from.

Back