• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Not sure this will fly with the wife, new layout.

swyftfeet

A9997456-52D6-4493-B3BF-914CDF45E9D2.jpeg

Hi all,
I'm going to advise you to "Go big or go home" (even if that is a new home). If I was advising myself? <"opinions may differ">.

I can't recommend this next song highly enough for those considering a large fish room, but you do need to listen until the bit where Betty Wright comes in (at about 4 minutes).

cheers Darrel

This may be sort of off topic, but its been on my mind for a while.
To be honest I dont understand some of the problems people write about on this forum sometimes, and I see a variation of them regularly.
"My wife wont let me have an aquarium unless the cabinet is (insert highly specific requirements here)" or
"My wife wont let me hang the aquarium light from the ceiling"
"Im not allowed to get another tank"
"My wife doesnt allow me to have equipment visible outside the cabinet"

:crazy:

Like why, why did you marry this person? How come your wife gets to decide everything?
Its 2022 at this point, gender equality goes both ways.
Is it a british thing?
I hope someone can explain it to me

This may be sort of off topic, but its been on my mind for a while.
To be honest I dont understand some of the problems people write about on this forum sometimes, and I see a variation of them regularly.
"My wife wont let me have an aquarium unless the cabinet is (insert highly specific requirements here)" or
"My wife wont let me hang the aquarium light from the ceiling"
"Im not allowed to get another tank"
"My wife doesnt allow me to have equipment visible outside the cabinet"

:crazy:

Like why, why did you marry this person? How come your wife gets to decide everything?
Is it a british thing?

@Hufsa well I'm married to a lady, If I was married to a man I would say my husband.

But in my case, I found that knowing the Latin name of plants or fish, nor buying chemicals that may or may not land me on a watch-list, are not quite the turn-on I thought they would be.

But in all things "Happy Wife - Happy Life" is generally what we guys shoot for. If the wife tells you she doesn't like <insert random aquarium nonsense> lying about, we believe her.

Last edited:
Hi all,
How come your wife gets to decide everything?
Is it a british thing?
I asked my wife and she said you need a "sensible person to make decisions" and, to be honest, I'm happy with that.

cheers Darrel

My missus just says "get more tanks" I am the one that decided to stick to 5 :p (and the 5th was pressure from her to set it up) lol

I asked my wife and she said you need a "sensible person to make decisions" and, to be honest, I'm happy with that.
There are 2 queues into heaven for men: one for men that bossed their wives, and one for men that were bossed by their wives. The former only has one person waiting. Another man asks him why he’s there, and he responds “my wife told me to stand here”.

Back