• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

O Rings for Double Taps

Does anyone know the size of the O Rings on the Eheim 12/16 and 16/22 Double Taps, ID x Section in mm. Not needed at the moment but it’s handy to have spares just in case. I have a couple of O Ring kits but it’s quite possible they don’t contain the required sizes?! I can’t afford to remove one to check the size as they’re easily damaged. Just wondered if anyone had any spares they could measure.

I had the same problem as you a while back, I'm sure I have a hundred or so of them, I'll have a dig in my box of bits and let you know...your welcome to a few if needed....

During a routine hose clean I carefully removed one of the O Rings on a 16/22 Double Tap unit. The size seems to be 16mm ID x 2mm CS. I’ve just ordered a pack of ten on the Auction site for £1.83 inc.

Luckily I didn’t order an O ring kit I liked the look of before Christmas as it doesn’t contain this size!

I bought that kit on eBay - the O rings are way too big for a 16/22 Double Tap unit.

Well if the Eheim Spares listing for your taps do not fit your Eheim taps then we would ask the supplier to reimburse or send the correct part ?
Assume you mean the auction site generic O rings do fit ok ?

It’s a genuine Eheim part in a sealed bag. Not worth returning, I’ll just add it to my box of O rings. I suspect something has been lost in translation.

I’ve long thought that when suppliers (not just aquarium goods) use generic parts they should be legally obliged to note the specifications.
In this way customers would be able to source the parts themselves.

Back