• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Odd and unusual fish you find in your local fish store

My Local MA has these in Otothyropsis Piribebuy, (as you can tell I love my Loricariidae) looks cool but £18 a pop 🤯.

Attachments

• Otocinclusnegro.jpg
    Otocinclusnegro.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 54
How I wish I lived near Pier Aquatics (although my wallet would not be happy). Have been told they had a brazil shipment with Parotocinclus Haroldoi in for anyone looking for them.

How I wish I lived near Pier Aquatics (although my wallet would not be happy). Have been told they had a brazil shipment with Parotocinclus Haroldoi in for anyone looking for them.
They’ll ship to you. They’re actually one of the best when it comes to mail order, I’ve had them send me tetras individually packed.

I have had Parotocinclus Haroldoi from them. They’re not like your usual dwarf loricariid and are feisty little things. They were originally in a two foot tank in quarantine and they chased each other all the time. theyre much calmer with each other in the five foot tank they’re in now but they still chase any bottom dwellers off their food at feeding time.

How I wish I lived near Pier Aquatics (although my wallet would not be happy)
I do and my wallet definitely isn't happy. 😁

The Parotocinclus haroldoi they have are £16 ea or 6 for £90. They were 6 for £50 the last time I bought them, I wonder if Parotocinclus are contributing towards headline inflation 😅

Last edited:
I do and my wallet definitely isn't happy. 😁
I can imagine 😅
The Parotocinclus haroldoi they have are £16 ea or 6 for £90. They were 6 for £50 the last time I bought them, I wonder if Parotocinclus are contributing towards headline inflation 😅
Oh wow thats almost double. I ended up ordering some but 6for£50 would have been ideal.

I have had Parotocinclus Haroldoi from them. They’re not like your usual dwarf loricariid and are feisty little things.
Do you find that they hide alot? I have some Parotocinclus Spilosoma but only see them rarely.

Not really, they’re normally scooting about the tank and grazing.
Im looking forward to getting mine. I ordered 4 but now considering making it 6. Initially I was going to drive down to collect but a 4hour journey each way dissuaded me.

Im looking forward to getting mine. I ordered 4 but now considering making it 6. Initially I was going to drive down to collect but a 4hour journey each way dissuaded me.
I get quite a lot of my fish through mail order, I would say Pier are probably the best in terms of packing so I’d say there is nothing to worry about.

I’d love to go there one day, but I can’t justify the four hour journey each way either!

I get quite a lot of my fish through mail order, I would say Pier are probably the best in terms of packing so I’d say there is nothing to worry about.

I’d love to go there one day, but I can’t justify the four hour journey each way either!
Maybe we should organise a car pool and make a day of it. Ive now decided that I should have 6 instead of 4. Will post some pictures once Ive received delivery next week.

Back