• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ohko Ocean, now 'Peaks'

Thanks santoso. The pipes are stainless steel borneo wild.

Seiryu is nice rock but it messes with water chemistry too much imo. I prefer ohko.

Have you post pics of your tank?

Hmmm.. Not sure if I can get that kind of pipes her in Indonesia.. Yeah that's what I heard that seiryu can affect the water chemistry but haven't got to know what it is (I'll do some more research) just got into this hobby about only 2 years.

Unfortunately I haven't got the guts to show my tanks yet.. Especially since I juts got it rescaped and keep on messing around with it lol.. Maybe in another 2 months when everything is grown in lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most the rocks are out of the tank. The water got so stirred up I was putting my hand into blackness and fishing about to pull out the rocks. They've been cleaned. The dark coloured ones are still wet. Pepsi can in the middle to gauge size.

hyjui_zpsspuoft53.png

Quite by accident I came across a scape (Singaporean scaper i think) that I really like. Looks challenging. Not 100% sure how how to keep the walls from falling forward. I'll try leaning them against tiles, see if that works.
nature-aquarium-5-e1389212648785_zps4hr34gkb.jpg

Chop out the sides to make it suitable for the 2ft cade, and....

gryr5y_zpsqpxtmkq8.png

This looks really nice and a friend has a lot of mini pellia I can have. So I'm going to try create something similar with ohko. I'm really looking forward to this one. Never used ferns before. :)

Is that needle java in the foreground?

So looks like I'll be using: ferns, mini pellia, hm, colorata (although I think I'll use willichi tips), dhg, maybe some hc, and lots of flame.

Stay tuned, mock ups start tomorrow!

Last edited:
That is one of many great scapes by Robertus and is named "Cove". He has hardscape photos during the setup if you search for them on Aquascaping World. They are a lot of very large rocks lined up in a V shape and then filled in with smaller rocks in front.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Chris!

I think I made the socks too big, I'll post a pics with some rocks in the tank later on today.

In my experience you will be better off just using soil as normal and skip the socks for this scape. Just make sure your big rocks are supported all the way down to the bottom glass.

It seems like you have "lego" set of your rocks. You can make (almost) infinite number of layouts, re-using the same pieces. I like such approach. :)

As promised, here's an update. I'm not finished with the hardscape by any means. There's lots of little changes to make.

IMG_8023_zpsuoxpu8ir.png
Wow....the sense of depth is amazing for such a small tank. Well done!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back