• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

online shops

Jagermorph

Seedling
Hi everyone just wondered if people could put a list together on trusted/good online shops?

Hi, It all depends on what kind of things you are after. If you after plants then The Green Machine is very good and if you are after equipment and accessories the Aqua Essentials is very good. Seapets are also good for plants and equipment such as filters and spares.
I have also used a place called Ark Pets Online and they are very cheap for aquariums and filters. I bought my juwel aquarium from them and it was probably £50-£100 cheaper than anywhere else!

most things really, As a new boy was looking for some suggestions that may also help other new bees.
How can prices vary so much?

also pretty good and amazing value on plants is plantedtanks.co.uk

+ there are loads of decent ebay sellers from Taiwan etc if you can handle waiting!

I've used Warehouse Aquatics a number of times for various hardware and haven't got a bad word to say about them. Their pricing is very competitive! If I were after greenery though, The Green Machine are well renowned for good reason. :thumbup:

Eboeagles said:
also pretty good and amazing value on plants is plantedtanks.co.uk

+ there are loads of decent ebay sellers from Taiwan etc if you can handle waiting!

I was looking at some of the lovely plants from Taiwan on eBay, so tempting but wondering if it is safe to buy from them in terms of plants making the journey in one piece. Also wondered if it's legal only I was under the impression that all plants coming in to the UK are subject to inspections and need phyto certificates?

for plants I would stick to greenmachine and other uk sellers like aquaessentials or from abroad, planted tanks. I bought from plants from taiwan a while ago and they were all dead so its not worth the risk when you can get quality ones arriving next day from the uk sellers.

For fish I have to give Kesgrave Tropicals on eBay a :thumbup:, my order arrived today very well packaged and all the fish are settling well. Angel fish were the blackest I have seen in a long time and in wonderful condition. Same for the young giant Kuhli loach, which just need to grow on a little..

Back