• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Opinions on pressurised filters

This is a little off topic, bearing in mind where this thread has ended up, but does get back towards the original question ....

I'm considering getting a new preasurised filter (having considered all the above points I think it is the best option for my pond) and was trying to find out what the one Martin posted a picture of (the one with the blue back-flush handles). Am I right in thinking it's an Oase Filtoclear?

I've got a Bermuda and getting spares for it is a ****!!! So I'm thinking of binning it and getting something else. My LFS can get Oase (which they say is best but expensive) or Laguna (which they say is a good compromise).
Any thoughts on the two brands?

idris said:
trying to find out what the one Martin posted a picture of

Only got to ask :D

Yes it is an Oase filtoclear.
Oase seem to like to think they are the "Rolls Royce" of all things pond / fountain, unfortunately there is no one out there that can prove they are NOT.
Yes in general Oase are very good, but as they know they are good they can, and do charge a high price for the products, but you really do get your moneys worth. (No, I don't work for them)

idris said:
Thanks Martin.
Would you say they are significantly better than Laguna?

martin-green said:
....................Oase seem to like to think they are the "Rolls Royce" of all things pond / fountain, unfortunately there is no one out there that can prove they are NOT.

Point taken, but no matter how good a Rolls Royce is, a BMW M5 is still a really good car and a **** load cheaper.
But I take it you'd buy the Roller no matter the premium?

I wasn't trying to be argumentative - just clarify whether the difference was worth the extra money or whether the Laguna was a good filter in it's own right. No offence intended.

I think Martin was just trying to say that he doesn't rate any of them but that Oase generally produce good products.

Back