• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Opti white vs super opti white

Warren

Deciding between a 90cm opti white tank. Evolution aqua say their tanks are super opti white which is the purest form. What is the difference if any between super opti white and opti white or is this just a marketing strategy. I would like my cabinet slightly higher at 90cm with a 45cm high tank so tank comes to 135cm high whereas evolution aqua cabinet is standard 83cm high so height would only be 128cm high.

ND Aquatics say tanks are opti white and evolution aqua super opti white.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure there is such a thing as super opti white I've never heard of it and I cant find it on Pilkington glass website

Ask for numbers to back up glass clarity/color claims

I've a couple ADA tanks, then an alternate branded tank that manufacturer claims same glass clarity etc
In the sale shop, with no direct comparison available, it seemed similar

At home, both tanks filled etc - ADA is noticeably more "invisible" glass

Any high clarity glass is a significant upgrade over "float" glass -though some claim not to see any difference with glass of 5mm & under thickness

I thought EA offered custom tanks & cabinets

then an alternate branded tank that manufacturer claims same glass clarity etc
In the sale shop, with no direct comparison available, it seemed similar

At home, both tanks filled etc - ADA is noticeably more "invisible" glass

Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking but are you talking about ADA vs EA aquascaper aquariums?

"Hi Warren,

Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately the cabinets are not customisable. All panes of glass are super optiwhite."

This was the response I received from aquarium gardens that sell evolution aqua tanks.

I don't want to spend more than 600 pounds on a 90cm by 50cm by 45cm high tank with white gloss cabinet 90cm high in opti white

Isn't ADA extremely expensive.

Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking but are you talking about ADA vs EA aquascaper aquariums?
No
Unfortunately no EA available - nor ADA anymore (despite having a local ADA distributor/rep :rolleyes:)

I don't want to spend more than 600 pounds on a 90cm by 50cm by 45cm high tank with white gloss cabinet 90cm high in opti white

Isn't ADA extremely expensive.
More than that quote for sure, ADA cabinets are crazy $$$ - some are gorgeous (wood, glass etc) but the standard (same materials as most) are just that (despite costing a lot more)

Back