• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Optiwhite nano "£10.25"

P1010405.jpg

New sand in, a little darker and a little more yellow but arguably more natural as it's kiln dried river sand. :lol:
Still nuking the tank with co2, next water change tomorrow, the tank looks well by and large, it just needs more time. This is turning into a real pleasure of a tank to run despite it's budget and rushed set up.

I thought maybe "in the hands of trees". I much prefer this darker sand but it's strangely yellow in photographs.

I can't wait to get the last rock out that's keeping the wood down. It's always an nerve racking experience when you take them out.

Garuf said:
I thought maybe "in the hands of trees". I much prefer this darker sand but it's strangely yellow in photographs.

I can't wait to get the last rock out that's keeping the wood down. It's always an nerve racking experience when you take them out.
i was only joking with mine, "in the hands of trees" is much better :thumbup:

Thank you everyone, I think the name is better than the scape, I know what I want to call my next wood scape!

Quick shot from tonight, removed the final balancing rock. I'm also considering upping my dosing of EI mix by double I'm not experiencing any visible deficiencies but I'd very much like to safe guard against any as early as possible.
P1010413.jpg

Managed to knock the front wood over again being clumsy so the tank looks a right state again. I need to drain it and bury the rock that's strapped to the wood in the substrate but that's always a hit and miss procedure as if you're unhappy with the wood like I am at the moment you'll always be trying to tweak it, and as I've learnt it 9 out of 10 means you just make the situation worse.
To strip and restart or not, that's the question!
P1010418.jpg

The tank is now running in Iwagumi mode. Will be nuking the tank again as leaving the stems to go mental has allowed some diatoms to form because I didn't keep up with co2. The sands very untidy as the tanks just been hastily refilled after doing a 100% water change and replant. Pictures will be to follow soon, I'm extremely pleased with how it looks. The tank feels huge now.

Sounds good, the depth of these tanks lends it self well to an iwagumi style. I don't think the wood really helped much with the scale in this scape, not to take away the fact it is a nice looking tank.

Why the change in diffuser? I like the look of the other one?

Cheers

The chisel shaped diffuser works best when a flow creates a vortex across the disk, this was no longer happening because of the position of the wood so I swapped it out for a standard nano diffuser, which in turn has now been replaced by an inline atomiser.

As promised here's a picture. Excuse the diatoms, like I say I missed some W/cs' with the leg and letting it get over run, they'll soon go now I'm pumping co2 at a proper level and the scape is totally open.

Next job is clearing the sand.
P1010421.jpg

The scale looks much better on this one, I'm not to fond of the anubias tho :( maybe move it to where the other bit is and have some p.helferi fro behind the drop checker to that point instead? I'm don't mean to be picky but does the thermometer really have to be in there? there's no life stock and it the heat does go low there not really much you can do if you havnt got a heater? Dunno maybe I'm missing something lol.

Looks good though overall, very pleasing to the eye :)

I do have a heater. ;) It's there for my own piece of mind really. I keep the tank cool, around 22c. The thermometer is a early warning system because the hydors temp dial loves to move when knocked.

I'm not really bothered by the Anubias, I don't want to buy anymore plants for the tank, if I was buying I'd go for staurgyne, I'm loving that grassy bright green and I think it'd suit the "scape" well. I'm happy to just watch it grow it was more of a grower than a shower, this tank. If it was something I was really bothered about do you think I'd have really used that wood?! It was that it was all I had and meant I didn't have to snap up any manzatania, It was always about growing plants and getting back into the habit of things :).

Fair dincome garuf :) I got abit carried away there haha.

I'm just waiting for the call up from mr.amano to judge the ADA contest don't you know :D

Hahaha. I've not got my call yet.

I'm fully loving the tank now, was always indifferent towards it initially, the wood caused so much stress, now it's gone it's relieving to just add ferts and watch it go. I regret taking my off the ball with it, diatoms make even a sparkling tank look grim.

I wouldn't go that far, Sam!
It needs a month or so more growing time and it'll look really good, time for the MU to start doing something, it's still crude but all it needs to do from now on is to grow plants for me to be happy.

I know, I know. I'm not buying plants though and I doubt anyone would want swapsies on them so they're staying!

Paulo, how easy is it to get to LW? I'm going to be in London next month.

Back