• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Optiwhite shallow cube 600mmx600mmx300mm

Welcome to my trial and error journal, a first attempt at aquascaping as opposed to bunging a few plants into a tank to keep the guppies happy. i've kept malawi and tanganyikan cichlids on and off for about 15 years now so know my way around a test kit and water change. Thats about it though - I've been reading UKAPS for around 3 months now to get the basic theory and have decided to purchase a shallow optiwhite after seeing George Farmers PFK article. Seeing though as I'm originally from Lincolnshire, I'm hoping some of his magic wears off on me :?:

So, deposit paid, I have around 4 weeks to go until my 600mm shallow cube is delivered.

it can't come soon enough.

Nearly all the gear, no idea

I've got a plan in mind for a really lush, archipelago style island - quite steep in parts (that'll be a challenge all by itself) with white sand surround. im going to put it on a low ada diy cabinet so i can stare at it from the sofa. this means it'll need to look good from three sides which I know from reading on here is also a big challenge.

it'll more than likely end in dissapointment ha!

i also love the chinese mall wabi kusa, would love something like that but i need to keep it real - the wk looks tricky. then of course theres george farmers shallow tank which was incredible - that sowed the seed for the shallow tank purchase. :D

Nearly all the gear, no idea

update for anyone interested, i bought an all pond solutions lighting unit (6 x 24w and 4 x blue led) at the weekend. extreme overkill I know for a 120litre, but its in great condition and was a bargain. dual power supply so i'll be running 2 x Osram 880's and 1 x Osram 840 - the other lamps (same 880/840 mix) are there if I need a mid-day blast or might put all on during the emersed growing stage.

18569130.jpg

87049341.jpg

43159201.jpg

52523273.jpg

Unfortunately I wont get chance to give it a go as a marine tank fell into my hands and thats costing me a fortune to keep. selling it with a diffuser background if anyone is interested for £130.00, pickup from Saltaire, West Yorks.

from memory, think it was £147 delivered, and i carefully applied the diffuser for some value added benefit :D

Back