• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

?orrible algae problem, advice needed

Place your Koralia at the left side. Now they sort of negate each other. Check the sticky @ Filtration subforum.

[quote="

I'm running CO2 24 hours/7 days a week, i do have a circulation pump (Hydor Koralia 900 - 900 l/h) and there is visual movement of water flow in my plants. OK I will increase CO2 but I will do it slowly, I don't want to stress or hurt my fish.

I will make small changes and I will wait

sorry about my English or any vocabulary mistakes.[/quote]

Not many people run the C02 24 hours a day as the plants do not require the gas durring the lights off period.
This is not causing your algae problem but you are waisting the gas, better to run it on a timer.
Set the C02 to come on two hours before the lights come on & to switch off one hour before the light go off.

A quick update for everyone that has similar problems.

I added more plants
Reduce the light to 6 hours, algae grows very slow but is there
Reduce the light to 5 hours, hemianthus didn' t like that so i decided to leave ti to 6 hours
Start dosing EI, a lot of nutrients
Water changes twice a week
CO2 24/7
Easy Carbo recommended dosing

Conclusion

light is not the reason of algae presents it just makes it grow faster
Very Little or no algae on glass or healthy new plants. Algae problem remains over Hemianthus.

I think I will go for the Algexit solution that clonitza recommended until all plants are healthy 100%.

frankzappatistas said:
algeacopy.jpg

Got to say, i'm tempted to try an algae-only tank!

Maintenance would be a doddle!

maybe even a marine!
3793800933_7888ae2afc.jpg

I trim the plant on September 4th removing 80% of algae on it, two weeks later algae grew back, slowly but it grew back.
I trim it again on September 18th and it grew back again.
I trim the plant very low, if i go lower I will definitely damage it

Any algae left on any plant will grow. You have to remove it all or as close as you can. If you can't remove it all, spot dosing with easycarbo will help finish it off.

I wouldn't worry about damaging a plant that is already damaged. If the plant is beyond recovering the next step would be to think about replacing it. Fighting algae is a big battle and you have only just started. Sounds like your on the right track.

Good luck.

Back