• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

?Oxygen covering water

nphsmith

Another probably very newb question. There are quite a lot of gas bubbles (I assume Oxygen from respiration), which are accumulating at the top of the tank by the end of each day. 2 questions:
1) Am I right that it's respiration
2) Is it OK that the bubbles accumulate at the water surface? Or is that an indication there isn't enough flow there?

Now worrying that this behaviour is so uniquely odd that noone has come across it before, which seems unlikley :)

ebeny7an.jpg

Photo evidence in case my words make no sense

And video (which hasn't uploaded very well - the micro bubbles are going upwards more consistently than it shows).:

That could be an accumulation of both co2 and o2 nestling on the surface which may indicate a slight film on your water which is not allowing the bubbles to escape. I would try raising your spray bar up a little so it moves the water surface and helps rid of any film

That could be an accumulation of both co2 and o2 nestling on the surface which may indicate a slight film on your water which is not allowing the bubbles to escape. I would try raising your spray bar up a little so it moves the water surface and helps rid of any film

Thanks, done that, I'll leave it 24 hours and see where we are.

Thanks, done that, I'll leave it 24 hours and see where we are.

Raising the bar has made the film less obvious, but also means the CO2 isn't distributing as well, so less bubbles. The film is still there a bit, though. Any other options for film-clearing?

eheim skim is amazing I had exactly the same problem and water crystal clear and also a lot less white scum on glass

dean

Back