• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ozmocote plus?

I use Miracle Gro All Purpose Continuous Release Plant Food, which is widely available. I got mine from B&Q.

Hi all,
Miracle Gro All Purpose Continuous Release Plant Food
That one will do, these are all "controlled release" fertilisers, where the nutrients are coated in a resin that means they don't all go into solution at once, the rate of release is dependent upon three factors, the thickness of the resin coating and the moisture content and temperature of the potting compost.

This is where potential problems arise, because they are designed to release nutrients when conditions are suitable for plant growth (warm and wet basically), once you place them in a tropical tank (very warm and very wet) you tend to get a large release of nutrients. This can be a problem if the nitrogen content is ammonia based (usually from NH3NO3, which is 35% N and gives you most "bang for your buck").

cheers Darrel

Back