• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

P@H/Coopet Nano cube

Hi Tom
These led are not comparable to T5s....they will be sufficient for slow healthy growth making them ideal for Nanos with moss/anubis and java ferns.
I don't think they would be bright enough for HC though.
Cheers
hoggie

They do look much nicer than most of the alternatives from an aesthetic point of view and probably bright enough for my requirements. Think it's going to be either these or the 11w boyu lights that look very similar to the original P@H ones... would only need to buy two instead of three to have them match my existing setup (going to have 3 side by side).

BigTom said:
Just need to find a suitable light now, which is proving remarkably difficult. Really don't like the look of the arc pods, anyone got any suggestions?

The superfish lights are good. 9 or 11w.

i've not taken my lights back yet. out of interest what do they replace it with? does anyone know?

Only place I can find still stocking the superfish ones is AE and they're a touch pricey at £30 for the 11w version. Look pretty similar to the arcpods too style wise, which I'm not overly keen on.

No idea what P@H are doing about replacements, but I'd possibly buy your lights if they're 11w and you're interested in selling John?

BigTom said:
Only place I can find still stocking the superfish ones is AE and they're a touch pricey at £30 for the 11w version. Look pretty similar to the arcpods too style wise, which I'm not overly keen on.

No idea what P@H are doing about replacements, but I'd possibly buy your lights if they're 11w and you're interested in selling John?

They are a ton better then the arc pods (of which i have three rotting in the basement), excellent bulb colour and light distribution.

I've not had the P@H one out of the box yet to work out if ill need it. So i'll say no for now. :)

So who's bothered to take their light in? I'm currently using an Arcadia elipse, but the reflector is massive. I'm after an alternative but it's very difficult finding something suitable!

hogan53 said:
Hi Tom
This is a nice little light :arrow:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-Tank ... 4cfae5e007
I have a few of these .....they are not overly bright but are great for Nanos. :thumbup:
Cheers
hoggie

I like the look of these, I have used the supplier for the boyu light and it didnt take that long to arrive, but wish I had seen this one first. Hoggie, and anyone else, what could you grow with these please?

Hi
They are nice little lights which come in various sizes.Gives off a nice little shimmer when dark.
I haven't grown much using the light as i have mostly Crypts and Anubis....there adequate to keep things healthy.
If you want to grow stems and hair grass I would advise using some sort of planting substrate.
I think you would struggle to grow HC even with Co2 injection.
Cheers
hoggie

Heh, I fixed my light problems thanks HWF -

triplet.jpg

The fact that they're not selling them with a light any more would suggest that there is no replacement.

I have a couple of questions regarding these tanks and filtration ... I've bought both the small and large ones for shrimp and the office. It's notable that all the boxes in the local P@H store had been opened - presumably to get rid of the light. Stock wasn't a problem here in the Midlands.

The included filter looks a bit cruddy, and I've read the thread carefully about the tendency to mince things. Where do people source Dennerle nano XL filters from? This seems to be the replacement filter of choice. Prices seem reasonable in Germany, but delivery is £££.

Alternatively, has anyone managed to set up a corner HMF, perhaps even using the supplied pump which would be protected behind the full-height foam mat of the HMF. Realistically only the larger tank has space for this and it depends on whether I can source some suitable foam with the correct pore size.

One of these tanks is utilitarian, so appearance doesn't matter so much.

With thanks

Back