• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Passing of Filipe Oliveira

lazybones51

I've just read the devastating news that Filipe lost his battle with cancer. He was a truly inspirational Scaper and such a nice, genuine guy. Taken way too young.

Screenshot_20230324-195144-192.png

So sad news indeed :( one that inspired me and helped me even before I knew what UKAPS was!
Had a pleasure to meet a few times and even did a backstage tour of Oceanarium in Lisbon a few years back.
Taken way too soon! True legend and friend! Going to be missed!
RIP Filipe 🙏

RIP Filipe, a legend and a lovely man. He inspired me so much and he will be dearly missed.

I watched this video 5 times of Flipe at Aquarium Gardens when I was setting up my 90cm tropical tank for the first time, he just created the most beautiful scapes, and generously shared all his knowledge.

Can be wrong, but i think he lived in France ? he made lots of french video, his french was perfect

I knew he was very ill but it's still a shock to hear such sad news; he was fighting so hard to get well again. I only met him a couple of times, but he was definitely one of the good guys, down to earth, and above all else very talented.
It's a great loss to the aquascaping community and humanity in general. My deepest sympathies go out to his family and loved ones.

Has tomorrow coincides with Filipe's funeral, I am going to bring a bottle of Porto, so we can have a toast for our fallen brother!!

No he came from Vila Nova de Gaia (Porto Portugal) and posted many of his videos from his home there. Its fairly standard for Europeans to speak at least two languages fluently.
He was as Portuguese as they come ;) Also spoke good Spanish! French is the second language taught in Portuguese schools.

Terribly sad, my thoughts are with his family and friends!
Taken far too young!
The angels will look after him!

Back