• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

pearling

hixy

My plants are growing very well but they only pearl when i do a water change.My drop checker is showing a nice lime green colour.So how do i get my plants to pearl .

regards mick

I wouldn't worry too much about your plants pearling
As you say they are growing well
As long as they are healthy,show no signs of deficiency and keep growing then they are happy
Only worry if they stop growing and start looking sick
My plants grow at a vast rate spread well and look really healthy,
I dose ei have pressurised co2 via 5kg fe dc always lime and my plants never pearl
Matt

Mist in the water column will promote pearling because much more co2 is available to the plants, but as mentioned as long as things are healthy then no pearling is nothing to worry about.

I have a 2x24w t5 / 100l tank with pressurized CO2 and when the sun was hitting directly the tank all the plants started to pearl so I was just thinking why not start the second 2x24w unit instead of waiting for sunny days. I did and my plants look like this:

22hs0z.jpg

The drawback is that GDA is spreading faster on rocks :) I still have to manage better the flow distribution in that area.
So, what you need to remember is that if you want to see soda in your aquarium by increasing the light, either by using a boost at noon or full day klingon power (like ceg says) you should think twice before if you can manage the increased co2/flow/nutrients demand of plants, if you can't then keep the setup as is otherwise you'll be growing algae instead of plants :lol: As for me I don't care how this will turn out 'cause it's a testing tank, I'm using other tanks for scaping where I don't want to see any pearling 'cause it's annoying when tanking shoots.

Cheers,
Mike

Back