• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Peckoltia a plant eater ?

devo

I accepted from a friend a small Peckoltia (about 2" long). I'd like to include a picture, but I never see it. Since its arrival, various plants but mostly Echinodorous seem to be being eaten away. This is in spite of my feeding Courgette and algae wafers regularly. The tank also contains Ancistrus, which are a bit larger. I was wondering if Peckoltia normally eat plants or whether the Ancistrus are bullying it off the food I provide and it is just making do. Anyone any experience either way ?
I feel a bit stupid for having accepted it without doing enough reading up, but it is a lovely fish and I was helping out my friend.
Any advice gratefully accepted.
Cheers
David

I have 5 leopard frog pekoltia, a chocolate zebra, and a blue phantom and I cannot keep Echinodorus as they get stripped and I feed fruit and veg regularly as well as tablet food. Couldn't definitively say which one of my plec's do it but probably all are involved! My Pekoltia are quite shy so this is probably why you don't see it much.

Andy

Back