• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

permanent compleat substrate ideas?

cichlidlover

hi guys,
well i have my ideas for my new tank set in my head and all i need now is some ideas for a all-in-one substrate that wont degrade and still look good in a few years time.
in my current tank i have tetra base with a fine quartz topping which my corys love but i want to try a medium that will help me grow better plants ( i will be using co2 ) i fancy the flora complete as this looks nice although expensive, any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
mark

im hating eco complete at the moment. bigeest mistake ever. really expensive and its non nutritious....
better to either spend more and get an ADA substrate or Oli knott... or spend alot less and get something like JBL aquabasis and Cap it...

Yes, eco complete is nice to plant into but apart form that, its not great. the supposed 'bacteria' it contains is a gimmick in my eyes.

i bought 100kg's of eco complete and im thinking about ripping it out after only 2 months...

Columbo flora base is pretty good so far - kind of like Oliver Knott's stuff, but a lot cheaper. I got mine from plantedbox.com - amazingly fast and friendly service.

m

Back