• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Picking the right filter

after doing dome more research around the eheim site found some information about ehime pro thermo wet & dry it says it not suitable for planted tanks because of the wet and dry feature the water has a lots of exposure to oxygen in the canister so the water returned to the tank is very highly saturated with O2

so Ive not got small dilemma weather to leave the eheim on quarantine tank run with old fluval 305 and circulation pump on planted tank and start saving pennies for the new eheim pro3e thermo filter

eheim wet & dry spec

155hw1c.jpg

302wfmx.jpg

Hi ceg
As the filter empty and fills it will just drive the co2 off that's being injected to the water i used this before with a planted tank and that would now explain why i had to inject loads of co2 to even get drop check to change since i swapped filters around with an old fluval i noticed i don't have to inject as much CO2 now as i did running the wet and dry.

Back