• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant Database (Plantbase)

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that I am in the process of bringing this back again, I did some work on it early last year, but then stuff happened in my personal life, work got really busy, and I had to put this on the back burner for a while. I wanted it to have more plant profiles when I made it live but best to bring it online get some feedback and take it from there.

Plant profile topics/threads are created automatically when a new plant is added to the plant database, hence members cannot create new topics here and just reply to existing topics. I have been working on this for a while and managed to import a lot of current plants available from some plant manufacturers (Most of Tropica in the database with permission, and had permission from Dernnele to add theirs too, so those will pop up at some stage), the idea was to start with those which are easily available to everyone and then build up from there has more information becomes available.

On each plant profile you can share your experiences with the plant, suggest any corrections to any information on the profile that might be wrong or missing, and also share your photos, the best photos will be added to the plant gallery by Plantbase mods.

To view the database click on the icon on the Menu:

plantbase_menu.png

When you enter Plantbase you will see a menu on the left-hand side, you can click on the various tick boxes, and it will automatically filter on your selections, and only show the plants that match the criteria, you can also select multiple filters.

plantbase_filters.png

This is the part that took me a while to figure out and what the best way to do the filtering, but I think it works well, if you have any suggestions feel free to mention below.

NOTE: This is not available on Tapatalk!! Only using a web browser or the official UKAPS App.
NOTE: The Plantbase is currently only visible to registered members. Guest will need to register and login to view the Plantbase.

I will be looking for members that would like to help with adding content to the database, if you are interested drop me a message, and we can discuss what is involved.

Hopefully over time this will grow into an interesting collection of plants and information members can use.

Many thanks and enjoy :)

Back