• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant deficiency or high light?

Sprayman60

Hello

can anyone help with this rotala green please. Its been growing fine for a long time, I've cut it all out and replanted with root tabs and dosing water column everyday and the new growth is large yellow/red looking and the leafs are crinkled or just messy looking.

Does anyone know if this is a deficiency maybe iron or could it be high lighting?

Tank:70L
Tropical root tabs
Fertiliser:APT complete 2ml per day
20230114_122506_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20230114_122501.jpg
    20230114_122501.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
Thanks do you recommend extra fertiliser or just dose iron separately?
In agreement with @dw1305 my rotala had similar issues, I am currently separately dosing TNC Iron that is working in my hard water. If that improves things, but you feel like you are still lacking something, then it might be worthwhile upping your all in one fertiliser also. I have a similar size tank to you (60l) and was also using the recommended amount APT Complete, now I am dosing full EI levels with 105ml a week of TNC complete :eek: but I am now turning a corner and am getting very positive changes :).

In agreement with @dw1305 my rotala had similar issues, I am currently separately dosing TNC Iron that is working in my hard water. If that improves things, but you feel like you are still lacking something, then it might be worthwhile upping your all in one fertiliser also. I have a similar size tank to you (60l) and was also using the recommended amount APT Complete, now I am dosing full EI levels with 105ml a week of TNC complete :eek: but I am now turning a corner and am getting very positive changes :).
Thanks I've added so seachem iron which I already had for now. I've gone back for the tnc myself just to get the plants going again after the trim then once I've got them to size ill try the apt complete again but I don't really want to up the dose of apt with the cost of it. With the price of it you would expect the recommended dose would be enough.

I'm looking to get all plants back to health and I think once I've mastered that it will be rescaped and plants reused. I've had this scape going for a while and whilst there's been good times of growth the rotala has never been close to how I'd like it.

Back