• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant deficiency! Please Help!

Dionis

Seedling
Hi all,

I had aquarium with just fish in it for a year and wanted some change. So, I planted the hole tank put fertile substrate, pressurized CO2 and other high tech staff but my glossotigma and HC just do grow green. They Grow fast but their leaves are not bright green. They have brown lining around the leaves and just do not look green. Looks like they rot. Please help.

Equipment:
tank: 32 gal
lighting: Aqualight 2-T5 39 watt each for 12 hours a day
pressurized CO2 with timer and red sea diffusor: turn on 2 hours before lighting turns on and 1 hour before it turns off.
Filter: Eheim 2213
Koralia nano 225G powerhead
I also use EI schedule for fertilizing: 1/4 KNO3 and 1/16 KH2PO4 - 3 x a week, 1/16 CSM+B - 3 x a week

Thank you, waiting for reply as soon as possible
dsc3348.jpg

dsc3350.jpg

dsc3349le.jpg

Hi, I don't think it's a deficiency but it could be algae. I how the same stuff too on my HC :( . Have you got a clean up crew.

Dionis said:
Hi all,

I had aquarium with just fish in it for a year and wanted some change. So, I planted the hole tank put fertile substrate, pressurized CO2 and other high tech staff but my glossotigma and HC just do grow green. They Grow fast but their leaves are not bright green. They have brown lining around the leaves and just do not look green. Looks like they rot. Please help.

Equipment:
tank: 32 gal
lighting: Aqualight 2-T5 39 watt each for 12 hours a day
pressurized CO2 with timer and red sea diffusor: turn on 2 hours before lighting turns on and 1 hour before it turns off.
Filter: Eheim 2213
Koralia nano 225G powerhead
I also use EI schedule for fertilizing: 1/4 KNO3 and 1/16 KH2PO4 - 3 x a week, 1/16 CSM+B - 3 x a week

Thank you, waiting for reply as soon as possible
dsc3348.jpg

dsc3350.jpg

dsc3349le.jpg

That to me is clasic signes of a new tank setup, How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?

I change water 50% every week as stated by EI dosing the tank water is fully cycled long time ago. I have couple Amano shrimps, otos, and siamese algae eaters. Any ideas?

looks like brown algae/diatoms to me.oto's probably can't get to such small leaves.
should clear up after a few weeks.how long has the tank been set up.

Hi

My personnel view is this is not a plant or even fertz deficiency - could you please advise on the depth of the tank.

Regards
Paul.

Dionis said:
The depth of the aquarium is 45cm

Dionis

The reason for the question was that maybe you had a shallow tank (not very deep) - the above rules that theory out, reading your initial thread post again, I have noticed that you are not adding any MgSo4 any reason why and also a lighting period of 12 hrs is a lot of light. The answer might be to reduce lighting or add some MgSo4, it could be by the middle or later part of the week the MgSo4 has become depleted or zero from what it was after doing water change.

Regards
paul.

I live in Edmonton, Canada. The water here is hard; its Ph is about 7.7. I did some research and figured out that I do not need to add Mg. But could you suggest why plants have brown edges along leaves? I read that potassium deficiency can lead to holes and withered edges.

judging by your filter choice and nano koralia I would say this was flow related.
You have ample light, but I use that much flow in my 10G and I find that not quite enough. My guess is flow, turn down the lighting or increase the flow.
I think... Try it anyway.

Back