• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant deficiency

flaviu.vlaicu

Hello.Can you guys tell me please what deficiency do I have in my aquarium ? Here are some pictures of how some of my plants look

84304051.jpg

90408034.jpg

42214981.jpg

13884393.jpg

96210803.jpg

Hi,
It's always best to tell us what your current dosing scheme is as well as tank statistics. For example, is this a CO2 enriched tank via gas, or perhaps via liquid? Are you using an enriched substrate? What kind of lighting do you have? How many watts and what type of light (T5, T8 etc.)

Picture #2 of the Anubias appears to be Green Spot Algae (GSA) which can be both PO4 and CO2 related. Or, it could be that you need better flow in the tank - but we don't know what kind of pump/filter you have.

Picture #4 appears to be translucency of an amazon sword leaf. Is that what you are trying to show? If so, this is classic CO2 starvation. Again, it's not clear whether this is a CO2 enriched tank or not. If so, you'll need to add more CO2, or add more flow, or reduce lighting intensity, or a combination of all of these.. If it is a non-CO2 tank then your only option will be to reduce the light intensity.

Cheers,

I have JBL Aquabasis and Manado as substrate.I have 2x20W fluorescent tubes : 1xOsram 965 and 1x Osram Fluora.I am dosing Co2 24/7 (1 bubble every 2 seconds) via glass diffuser.As fertiliser I am dosing Easy Life easy Carbo,Easy life Kalium and 3 times a week JBL Ferropol .I have 10 hours of light / day with 2 hours break between them .The aquarium has 84 L with a water colomn of 30cm hight .I am using external filter JBL e700 with sprikler.

flaviu.vlaicu said:
I have JBL Aquabasis and Manado as substrate.I have 2x20W fluorescent tubes : 1xOsram 965 and 1x Osram Fluora.I am dosing Co2 24/7 (1 bubble every 2 seconds) via glass diffuser.As fertiliser I am dosing Easy Life easy Carbo,Easy life Kalium and 3 times a week JBL Ferropol .I have 10 hours of light / day with 2 hours break between them .The aquarium has 84 L with a water colomn of 30cm hight .I am using external filter JBL e700 with sprikler.

Flaviu

After reading your tank stats the photoperiod of lighting is causing the problem - 10 hrs too long and the break between one tube going off / other tube coming on is not doing anything - only helping the porblem, I run my lights for 6 hrs max with no break, please turn your lighting period down. I assume your are adding fertz every day - if not please do, Co2 levels within the column could be ok as you are running 24/7 - what do you dc register, dont forget these are use as a guide as you may want to increase the co2 levels. Have you considered running the co2 when the lights are on - why add co2 during the night as the plants will not consume the gas, your just throwing away gas. If it were me maximise the gas levels whilst the lights are on, get the co2 to come on 2 hrs prior to the lights coming on, so when the lights are on its at the maximum and go off one hour prior to the lights going off - this will enable the plants to comsume the gas when they need it most, with little or big tweeks here and there your algae issue should disappear and finally the swords with the semi reddish leafs, its this leaf in the middle of the plant ? if it is its a new leaf, my Echor midi fleur produce new leafs which are semi red or orange in there colouration, then red and stay red until a new leafs appears then their coluration changes from red to green - red leafs in the middle, green on the outside - i think this is what you are seeing with yours, if its a leaf in the centre of the plant.

Regards
paul.

I will do that with the co2 what you said.When new leaves appear at the Echinodorus and start to grow they are red/orange till they get big and after that the orange / red color dissapears and they become green like the rest of them.But untill they grow thay are red/yellow/orange like.

Flaviu

The colour transformation is superb - starts off pale red/ orange, then red, then orangey and finally green. I think they look their best when going from red to green. When the leaf is on its way out it goes a pale brown and transparent - cannot expect them to last 365, the majority of plants loose or shed their leafs at some point.

Regards
paul.

Back