Plant ID

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by dave_m13, 8 Oct 2008.

1. dave_m13

dave_m13 Newly Registered

Hi All

I purchased this plant, not entirely sure what it is, could anyone identify it, its pretty small at the moment.

08102008056.jpg

Thanks Dave

2. spaldingaquatics

spaldingaquatics Member

looks like Ceratopteris thalictroides.

Have a look on the tropica website to see what you think

3. dave_m13

Many Thanks for this, I think its a little small for Ceratopteris thalictroides, looks very like it though it could be Ceratopteris siliquosa from pics on the internet, whether its the same plant I am not sure.

Looks very nice, as long as it does not grow too big.

4. vauxhallmark

vauxhallmark Member

I think it's a Hottonia, possibly palustris or inflata.

Should be a really nice, well behaved plant, doesn't get massive, and easy to prune.

Mark

5. dave_m13

Mark

I think that is spot on, really think its a Hottonia not sure which one as you say above, many thanks for this.

Have you or anyone any experience with this, where would you put it location wise, they are still in the pots at the moment.

Cheers
    Dave

6. vauxhallmark

vauxhallmark Member

Foreground in a really large tank if you're prepared to trim it and replant cuttings, more midground in a small to medium tank.

Here's an OK link about it: http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/foru ... .php?id=42

and here's a classic site I found while searching - check out the photos of "A modern treatment with a wrought-iron stand and driftwood plywood shadow frame. Back of aquarium is covered by bamboo matting" and other classics! http://www.aquariumdecoration.net/aquar ... tion06.php

Best,

Mark