• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plant identification please

danmil3s

got this from the garden centre the other day. i cant seem to find it on tropica or aquarium gardening's web site's and it seems to be melting a bit, so not sure if its even aquatic. if anyone knows what it is I'd be very grateful if they could let me know thanks.thanks guys sorry about the pic quality only have a camera phone.
16012011033.jpg

thanks Darrell fish have dug it all up twice now so don't fancy its chances but ill keep replanting.

Looks more like Blyxa japonica to me. Aurbertii tends to be larger.

Needs good light and nutrients, and takes a while to settle in, but is a great plant. It was a real 'trendy' plant in the UK a couple of years ago! Don't see it so much these days.

i think my light should be ok i've 4 t5s running front to back the length of my tank 7'x2'x2'. I've just started to dose 2x EI values as I've heard this can increase growth, with out adding light.a lot of the guys with award wining tanks seem to over dose. im going to keep an eye on co2 because i understand this method will increase plant uptake. i think flow and distribution are pretty good thanks to Clive. so ill give it a month and see how i get on.

Back