• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant identification required

tekopikin

I found this exquisitely coloured plant earlier at an LFS, I wanted to buy it but neither I or the shop owner had any idea what it was called :rolleyes:.
Would anyone be able to identify it? Are they easy to grow or maybe I should just be content with knowing just what it's called :D
pink2m.jpg

Im not sure on the name of that

But i am sure that a house plant and not a true underwater plant will not last long that why BAD LFS sell them to make you by more try sticking to true underwater plants that way you plants will grow and thrive

Look nice but wont last long.

Sure another member will give you it right name

Hi
I'm not a 100% but it could be Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosa nervis'. i think there is another terrarium plant similar.
If it is Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosa nervis', i found it one of the more difficult plants to keep...needs decent lighting....and the usual Co2/fertilizing routine.
hoggie

Thanks ya'll, it is indeed Fittonia. This is a house plant being sold as an aquatic plant :wideyed:
This is is the reason why I do not buy anything aquatic on impulse, I'm glad I checked here first!

Back