• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant identification

flaviu.vlaicu

Hello all ! Can you please help by telling me what are those red small plants there in the middle ?

qrqr.jpg

All that does is generate loads of algae. :thumbdown:

Try loads of nutrients and loads of CO2 instead. :thumbup:

Cheers,

I have a couple of alternanthera's on my tank and they do better shaded. They need, as Ceg pointed, CO2 and nutrients. Mine got really purple after I start adding iron.

From my experience they are medium light plants.

All stem plants will grow forever if given the chance. Their height limit is whatever height you decide.

Cheers,

Flaviu

Everybody is right regarding the Alternanthera - but which specimem, its the plant a tropic plant or an aquaflueur plant

Regards
Paul.

ghostsword said:
Flyfisherman said:
Flaviu

Everybody is right regarding the Alternanthera - but which specimem, its the plant a tropica plant or an aquaflueur plant

Regards
Paul.

looks like alternanthera rosafolia. Does it matter if it is tropica or aquafleur?

Ghostword

Tropica have two specimem's of Alternanthera and Aquafleur definately have three may be four, that why I asked which supplier. The plant in question is either Tropica Alternanthera Reineckii Lilacina or Aquafluer Alternanthera Cardinalis.

Regards
Paul.

Back