plant list by growth time?

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by davideyre, 10 Sep 2008.

1. davideyre

davideyre Member

i have had my tank set up for about 6 months with a number of stem plants i got as a starter set from an online retailer. i have a juwel rio125 tank, 48w t5 light, fe co2, james' pmdd, juwel int filter with 1000lph powerhead, 25deg, tap water gh15.

most of the stems i have are pretty prolific, i often have to trim 3-6 inches a week from each stem. some of my faster growing plants include - ludwigia repens, hydrophillia polysperma (which grows like a weed!), Rotala sp. ''Nanjenshan'' (Mayaca), Rotala rotundifolia.

i see on the tropica website advanced search that you can search for slowing growing plants, at a given lighting level and temperature, which is a pretty cool tool. does anyone have a specific suggestions for good background plants for someone with six month's experience, but with a slightly lazy streak! otherwise more than happy to keep checking out everyone else's tanks on the journal/gallery.

thanks.

2. a1Matt

a1Matt Member

I use Cryptocoryne balansae as a slow growing background plant in a hard to reach area of my tank.
    With good light, Co2, flow, nutrients the leaves hit 30" long. In low light\conditions they are only about 4" long.