• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant problems

Crxgaz

Iv been having my juwel rekord120 running for a while now with the few obviouse problems for the biginner but all seemed well when i started dosing EI,had cuba pearling the lot. But after about a month everything has slowed down and im getting black edging on leaves and on top of the leaves are going black/brown. I did manage to sort this before but cannot remember how i did it. Iv read that adding double the dose of liquid carbon for a couple of weeks and lowering the lighting helps,which is what iv done but its not helping at all. I inject co2 all the time the lights are on and still add liquid and ei. The only things iv really changed was the light cycle from 8hrs to 10. That was 4 on,2 off then 4on now its 4 on 2 off then 6 on.

I'm not expert compared to the others on the site but I believe lowering the lights and upping the photo period would not help with the problem and will make it worse. i think It sounds like it could be a poor CO2/ flow distribution and by lowering the lights and having longer photo periods won't help. Instead try to improve the CO2 and distribution whilst lifting the lights and reduce the photo period.

Sounds like a co2 problem. Are you finding that it is the older leaves that are browning? I agree with Michael, upping the lighting period is unlikely to be useful, 6hrs would be better as it is a relatively new tank and you have issues. It would be useful to know what your lighting and co2 set up is. I suspect that reducing your lighting (if possible) would be the best course of action. I've had no end of trouble with getting co2 right with just 2x t5s with reflectors. Also you said your co2 comes on with your lights, it is better to start it a couple of hours prior to lights on, aim for a yellowy green at lights on. cheers

Back