• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant pruning / House keeping

Anubia

Guys & Guru's.....simple question but want to obviosuly know the best method...& easiet...

Question is - When planting a low carpet plant species /mosses and pruning, what is the best method to capture and collect the cut plant stems / spare cuttings.

Is it best to cut the pieces then forcep each cut piece out of the tank or to use a siphon tube and hoover the cut pieces.

Thoughts and best practices please...

Thx for listening

james had a good idea about using a haidressers clip for trimming moss. place the clip, trim the moss and remove, rinse repeat :p

i always end up with moss all over when i trim, it is terrible, i tried the siphon but it did not work out too well for me, so will definitely try the clip idea.

cutting glosso and hc etc, the pieces just float to the top and then i net them out...

moss is tough. james' method is great.

stuff like acicualris and hc...cut it, catch what you can in a net.

you end up with stray bits which cling to the glass right?... drop the water level a bit and those stray bits stay where they are, wipe with tissue. :thumbup:

swicth filters off to.

Thankyou guys for the responses....will attempt the hair clip whilst cutting, although working in a 30Cm cube with hands like a navvy doesn't help... :)

Back