• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant regrowth is always small on stems

UKScapes

Seedling
Hi all, I've been in the hobby for a year now, and have come across this issue.

Would like to understand why when the Ludwigia Palustrius is cut at the stem, the stem and leaf regrowth is so small in comparison, and it remains small, until I need to re-trim it. The stem will eventually grow both immersed and emergent, but the regrowth is so much more brittle than that of the stem that was initially planted. I've seen other scapers where the regrowth of their Ludwigia Palustrius has been fine.

A little information around the tank: Tropica substrate, Twinstar 600E, AquaArt Red ferts, Co2 injection, 23 degrees celsius. Co2 level on drop checker light green, Oase filtosmart 100 filter (recent upgrade from the denerrle scapersflow in the photo).

Thanks in advance for your help
Chris.

Attachments

• IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    654.6 KB · Views: 155
It's unclear from the picture, but are you talking about the emergent top of the stem and replanting that so that it is submerged, or do you mean if you cut the underwater part of the stem the regrowth from the cut point of that underwater stem is weak?
Hi Andy,
Where the stem has been cut. I don't replant, as it's already very heavily planted.

Thanks,
Chris

Back