• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant trimming

windyboona

Hi , I've recently melted my vallisneria nana in my new tank after dosing flourish exel, I didn't know this product caused melt on these, so I wondered if I trimmed them down to the substrate would they grow again as the roots are in good form and show signs of new growth?
Cheers

Hi,
its always worth giving it a go if the roots are looking healthy. Im guessing you are no longer using liquid carbon, i seem to remember you have now installed pressurised c02 as your carbon source?

Yeah, I've switched to pressurised now although my new reg and solenoid have had to go back coz they are not working ,so am using my disposable tmc one off another tank , till they send a replacement .
I was pulling the plants up today and noticed that the roots were healthy and a few young leaves popping through so cut all the melted leaves off and replanted, fingers crossed then !

they should come back ok if there is new growth already....vallis are pretty tough, they just dont like liquid carbon, especially higher doses.

Back