• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plantaholic from Ottawa

wolfewill

I've been involved in the aquarium hobby for over 22 years. I didn't get serious until the last 3 or 4 years, and found the planted tanks were the most interesting. I'm a member of the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society, and as a subset, one of the 'plantaholics' group.

I have 8 tanks and a hydoponics set up going now. I am presently doing an overhaul of a 90 USG tank using ADA aqua soil Africana (2 weeks on). I have taken to African species of plants (for no apparent reason) and intend to create a 300 gallon African biotope tank in the near future. Presently I am experimenting with the variables in the tanks I now have.

Does anyone have experience with aqua soil Africana? It's quite a departure from Seachem's fluorite, which is what I've been using to date. Cheers to all.

Hello and welcome.

Please post your questions regarding substrates in the substrate section. I'm sure you'll get a response that will help you.

Cheers,

Back