• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants after 1 week

Chrisvx220

Would you say this is normal after 1 week?

25i0lzb.jpg

2ufvv2b.jpg

1zwhsa0.jpg

jg13bp.jpg

It's mainly the Eleocharis that are around 50-75% dead and the cryptocoryne parva that are 25% melted.

Strangely the hydrocotyle verticillata looks great still, as do the rest of the plants.

you should've used little bunch when planting grass, can you provide your tank details like light used photo period, fert. below is my new setup with grass

This is on day one (march 5th)

DSC_0391.jpg

Below is after 5 days you can see lot of new shoot. now it's almost formed a carpet don't have latest pic to share.

DSC_0398.jpg

I see, that's a bugger as its too late now :lol:

I see yours is also co2 dosed etc so I cant expect anywhere near similar growth.
Mine is full low tech, low light (on for 6h atm), soil base capped with sand, no ferts atm as soil based however, will probably start supplementing this with Ei dosing at some point.

Is that parva? I thought it was chain sword - if so the spear shaped leaves on the pygmy chain sword are emersed growth so die off, they get thinner leaves instead. If it's parva - crypts often melt and then regrow so don't worry too much about them.

Everything takes longer in low tech, don't worry too much about existing growth, look for new health growth - that's the important thing.

They were labeled up as parva however, knowing the shop they could be either :lol: you could well be right as the leaves that aren't melting aren't spear shape.
Will keep an eye on the Eleocharis for new growth as its them that look poorest, however there are some lovely green strands amongst the brown so hopefully they will come good

In low tech will take time for the plants to settle and EI is for good co2 and light so you need to make some changes in your dosing, below is the link where you can calculate for low tech dosing

http://rota.la/

Great thanks, I haven't started dosing yet as still need to buy the EI starter kit but great to have for once I get it :)

Back