• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants for 2*2ft Cube?

samkiller42

Hi All,
My Cube has now been cleaned, and is now running like a charm once again, but i'm stumped on what plant's i can introduce.
This is how i currently have my substrate:
Front:
IMAG0157.jpg

Side:
IMAG0158.jpg

Lighting wise is 4*24w, will be changing the bulbs in a week or so time.
Will be using Dried ferts, dosed with an automatic dosing unit, and will have Pressurised CO2.
General maintenance will be weekly, including water changes.

The only plan i have is to cover the entire back wall with a Moss Wall, which will hide pipework, cables and the weir, but i'm not sure which moss is most suitable for a wall, so any pointers are more than welcome.

Regarding the rest of the plants, i'm at a complete loss. Crypts, Ferns and Amazon Swords amongst other ideas have been thrown around. I've got a (what i consider nice) Amazon Sword which i will keep, so that's on plant sorted.

I would like a bit of carpeting, some nice low level, mid level and some tall growing plants, but nothing that will dominate.

Links to anything is more than welcome. All plants will have to be ordered online as i only have Pets@home and 2 Maidenhead Aquatics close by.

Thank you for any and all information and help, it's most appreciated.

Sam

Thanks. I had kinda decided i would buy my plants from The Green Machine, but i know there are other places.
One thing i should add is i plan on buying a Vortech MP10 for added circulation.

Sam

Back