• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plants just don't seem to grow/very very slowly

inline reators I assume are better than my up atomiser ? any non expensive suggestions?

Nope, sorry, my mistake. I thought you were using an in-tank device. The Up unit counts as an in-line device. Theoretically, it's best to use two of those if using two filters each attached to their own spraybar, but just give your tank a few weeks to see if removal of the background combined with a little extra CO2 is a good enough tweak before adding more complications.

Cheers,

your a star!!!! knew you would answer everything I needed to know :) what do you think about adding the two 54w 4th long T5's rather than my 2x38w T8 I have although the bulbs that are in the T5 unit I brought are 14000k White and marine blue (come from a marine setup) or am I just trying to complicate and move to fast

Yes, you're trying to move too fast. Adding more light wil almost never solve a growth problem unless your problem is that you can't grow algae fast enough. You have to fix the problem that exists with the current lighting first. When the tank responds favorably to your adjustments, only then should you add more light.

T5 lighting is somewhere around 20%-50% brighter than T8 for the same wattage bulbs so it's insane to add T5 as well as to increase the wattage simultaneously when you haven't yet solved the problems associated with the current lighting intensity. 14000K will work fine if you can live with that much blue. I guess if you get a lot of blue colored fish they will look really spectacular. The plants will not care.

Cheers,

Back