Plants suitable for 1.7wpg

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by MrWhite, 21 Jun 2009.

1. MrWhite

MrWhite Newly Registered

Could any one list a few good looking plants that would grow in these light conditions plz that if ya don't mind :lol:

Also some carpeting plants thankyou

2. samc

samc Member

there could be a long list as alot of things would grow well in that light and i should say most carpet plants would grow well too

3. rawr

rawr Member

The main plants I would recommend are Ferns, Anubias and Crypts because they thruve under low light and are easy to keep. Most easy to keep stems like Hygrophila and Rotala will also do alright under that light.

There are a lot more plants that would probably be okay under that light too, so do some research on the internet and see if the plants you want to keep will or not.

4. gratts

gratts Member

If you get your CO2 and dosing right, then you should be able to keep almost any plant you want in that light.
    I'd say it's more middle of the road relatively - the vast majority will grow fine, while some of the more challenging plants will just grow a bit slower.

5. MrWhite

MrWhite Newly Registered

Thanks for the reply's guys and input on this its been a big help believe it or not so many people have different reviews on other forums i didn't know what info to take in lol suppose you just have to experiment and what ever works for ya works