• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants with clear holes and brown edges?

aibo82

Hi

I have been doseing my planted tank for the last 4-5 weeks using Aqua essentials ferts Nourish and nourish +

I was advice to drop my lights down from 4x24w T5 plant pros down to 2x24w because of hair algea problems!

Since doing so to an 8 hour period my plants have started showing up clear holes and browing at leaf edges!

The tank stats:
Juwel rio 125 with water changes of 25 litre saturday and wenedsday because of blue rams (sensitive)
Co2 is DIY welding Drop cheaker is lime green 2 hours befor lights on, off 2 hours befor lights out
Substrate Colombo Flora-base
Doseing Dailey:
7ml Aqua essentials (AE) Aqua nourish (trace)
10ml (AE) Aqua Nourish+ (NPK)

I only have an old API/Tetra test kit at present but:
Amonnia 0
Nirtite 0
Nitrate 40 <<this to high?
Phosphate 0.5
Ph 6.6 maybe lower with the peat substrate goes up to 7.0 with water changers
KH no reading or 1
GH 5

Any ideas guys?
Thanks
Below is the attached pics
Plant1.jpg

plant2.jpg

plant3.jpg

Possibly due to a lack of fertz especially "Iron" - slightly increase your quantity of Aqua Nourish and see how that goes.

Regards
paul.

Hi,
This has nothing to do with Iron and everything to do with CO2/flow/distribution. It's also very possible that this problem started when you had very high lighting and is only now showing up.

For future reference, any structural fault in plants, such as browning, translucency, decay, rotting, deformity or holes is normally due to poor CO2.

Cheers,

Back