Pogostemon Helferi or Marsilea Crenata; Carpeting

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by 0705930116, 8 Mar 2010.

1. 0705930116

0705930116 Member

Currently setting up a nano planted low tech 16ltr tank.
    11w lighting, Flora base substrate, Dosing TPN+, Co2 through tetra optimat kit or Liquid Carbon.

Planted with just crypts but what would be more suitable as a carpeting plant Pogostemon Helferi or Marsilea Crenata?
    Both are on AE for jsut 3.25 a pot so what do you guys reccommend/ have experience with?

cheers. N.

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Pogostemon makes a nice carpet, but it can grow quite bulky. How big is your tank? Marsilea sort of looks like Glosso when it grows in, but is a very slow grower from past experience (though I don't think I grew it in the best of conditions). It would look smaller and quite neat :)

3. 0705930116

0705930116 Member

my tank is only 40x20x20 cm, so was just thinking one pot of pogostemon helferi for the foreground, what do you reckon?
    Yeh i searched around for Marsilea on the interent, theres so many variations of it and they all look similar if not the same, but i dont know if they will work well with a crypt heavy tank.