• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pogostemon Helferi or Marsilea Crenata; Carpeting

Currently setting up a nano planted low tech 16ltr tank.
11w lighting, Flora base substrate, Dosing TPN+, Co2 through tetra optimat kit or Liquid Carbon.

Planted with just crypts but what would be more suitable as a carpeting plant Pogostemon Helferi or Marsilea Crenata?
Both are on AE for jsut 3.25 a pot so what do you guys reccommend/ have experience with?

cheers. N.

Pogostemon makes a nice carpet, but it can grow quite bulky. How big is your tank? Marsilea sort of looks like Glosso when it grows in, but is a very slow grower from past experience (though I don't think I grew it in the best of conditions). It would look smaller and quite neat :)

my tank is only 40x20x20 cm, so was just thinking one pot of pogostemon helferi for the foreground, what do you reckon?
Yeh i searched around for Marsilea on the interent, theres so many variations of it and they all look similar if not the same, but i dont know if they will work well with a crypt heavy tank.

Back