• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Polyether sponge from Mark Harris Upholstery

Millns84

I've been using some profiled pond sponges in my Fx6 since November and they were literally falling apart when I cleaned the filter at the end of January... Never seen them do this so quickly so it made me look towards Poret foam given its longevity.

After some lengthy searches, I came across Mark Harris Upholstery, who can supply polyether (i.e. unbranded Poret foam) for very reasonable prices, and cut to size.

This was ideal for the FX6 as I provided the measurements given by Pondguru for the sponges (I went for 2cm thickness in 30ppi and 45ppi) and also got a couple of 10ppi prefilters cut. The order was placed last Monday and I received the sponges yesterday.

The sponges were cut perfectly, like you'd expect from the original manufacter and I can't recommend this firm enough if you're looking for sponges.

My only gripe was the postage cost of £10... But ultimately the total spend is just under £30 - Good luck finding Poret for that, and add to that the professional sizing of the foams, I don't think it's a terrible deal!

I'd have taken some pics of the sponges, but being a massive child I just had to get the new sponges in the filter... Sorry!

Back