• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pomacea Canaliculata - What to do?

PedroB

This has probably happened to some of us before, but a quick search did not find much.

I purchased a couple of "Golden apple snails", my daughter found them funny and I thought "why not" without much consideration.

Ever since then, I have been catering for their leafy appetites. From anubias, to buces, rotalas, the only thing they seem to leave alone are limnophilas.
Even if I feed them 5 or 6 peas and 2 slices of cucumber A DAY they won't leave my greens alone, they just poop more.

What would you do in this situation?

I accidentally got one too in my sons tank. He loves it so cant get rid of it. My solution was to ditch all my surplus frogbit from other tanks, where it grows like mad, into his tank, and it seems to be content mainly eating those. Although it still damages other plants it doesnt do so till death like it did before. I also feed it lots of cucumber. But as said it will still damage other plants though so its not a real solution.

I accidentally got one too in my sons tank. He loves it so cant get rid of it. My solution was to ditch all my surplus frogbit from other tanks, where it grows like mad, into his tank, and it seems to be content mainly eating those. Although it still damages other plants it doesnt do so till death like it did before. I also feed it lots of cucumber. But as said it will still damage other plants though so its not a real solution.
I might create a non-filtered "jar" or small container next to a sunny window so they get some algae. Thank you

Back