• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Post Your Pics & Videos of the Great Outdoors

20240321_164546.jpg

Sarkimukka Swedish lapland.

Our last holiday half march 😋

Think she said only two caught on the day, about an hour before packing in for the day she got the fish ,a local member helped with the net and guided her in without touching the rod ,to make it her catch😃 24lb not bad for a novice

Nice fat catch but, but such an odd shape fish!
Hi all,

Too much good living on all the sweet corn and boilies that the carp fisherpeople have thrown in?

cheers Darrel

Pretty standard body shape for a large aging mirror carp, they always tend to get the hunch back and big belly.

Yep, a far cry from 1930 stocking of Redmire.

1714379291737.png

A similar look to Chris Yates British record Mirror at 51lb 8oz - caught in 1980 from Redmire and thought to be one of the original stock fish.

Last edited:
Indeed nice fish... Remembers me of my old fishing days... I was the proud owner of a House of Hardy glass fibre rod 11f - 1.5 lbs with a Sheakspeare Ambidex. If I'm correctly the rod was named after Clarissa a British record size Carp at that time (1970s). The nicest rod I ever had and unfortunately no longer have or else I likely still would be fishing. :)
Nice fat catch but, but such an odd shape fish!

Pretty standard body shape for a large aging mirror carp, they always ten to get the hunch back and big belly.

That's the whole purpose behind it, the Mirror Carp and the Leather Carp are descendants of cultivated and selective-bred stock for meat production. Most of these fat sweet water piglets end up in nature as popular game fish via restocking from breeding farms. In Germany and Eastern Europe Carp is still on the menu as a delicacy available from the freezer in the supermarket and is always Mirror Carp. In 100% natural waters, you'll never catch one it only has the gold-coloured torpedo shape Wild Carp that rarely grows bigger than 40 pounds.

A few pix from Lisbon,
This giant cat was spotted on the cable car over the Oceanario de Lisboa, so had to go find it and take pix. It's made from bins lids and hard hats and other plastics.

And this was one of my favourite buildings I spotted at Sintra Palace, very gothic vibes in contrast to the area and other buildings nearby.

Attachments

• 20240408_180218.jpg
    20240408_180218.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240407_122634.jpg
    20240407_122634.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Don't want to dwell on the Mirror Carp too much except to say the Fisheries that look after the lakes have strict rules for guests and members, what can be brought in and what baits to be used etc and have all environmental agency registration Water quality and Fish health are top priority , anyone not adhering is banned. Like the rule about a caught fish out of water _ weighed if needed, photographed then back in after a short set time. Interesting some the larger fish have names because of recognisable scale markings

Back