• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Power head with cables outside of tank?

Clifford

Hello good people,

Around 18 months ago I seem to remember seeing an advert for a circulation pump that had all of the cables and motor outside of the tank. I'm assuming that it had a magnetic coupling that then turned the impeller inside the tank.

I also remember them being rather expensive.

My google-fu has failed me and I'm starting to doubt my own memory!

Can anyone else remember them, and if they do exist are they any good?

I believe, although I have no experience with them, you are referring to the 'Tunze' power head. This I think, like you say has everything working outside the tank, and power is transferred through the glass via a magnet. Thus no drilling is required. :)

You may have seen it on a full page spread with the Ecotech Radion LED system in last months PFK.

Thanks -at least I know I haven't lost my marbles. :oops:

I honestly can't remember where I saw them - wouldn't have been the last PFK 'cos I haven't read an issue for about 9 months. It would have been a shiny add somewhere designed to attract the inner magpie, though. :rolleyes:

Ah ha!

It's the Vortech I'd seen before. And definitely has a price tag that suggests that 1 more wire in the tank is not THAT much of an issue.

Anyone have a link for the Hydor version? Only ones I can find are the Koralias which look to have the wires inside the tank?

Back