• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Powerhead Position

phantomfisher

I am trying to maximise the water flow throughout my tank and am a bit confused as to the best location for the powerhead :?

I have two TetraTec 1200's with the water exiting from two spray bars at the surface which together are nearly the length of the tank (120cm). Should the powerhead be positioned at the same level as the spray bars or the middle or towards the bottom of the tank? :rolleyes:

All advice much appreciated.

normally you can move them, so the unit can be at the surface with all the other 'clutter' but facing downwards at a diagonal.

it all depends on where your CO2 is comming in from. (a pic of your tank would be good) you want it to optimaise the co2 circulation. My guess is that if the 1200's are on the surface, you are going to need something aiming lower down the tank to improve the flow in the lower areas. After all this is where the majority of plants are, and you need the water flowing down there!

The tank is partially dismantled at the moment as I am changing the layout so I will take this opportunity to re position the powerhead midway which will provide a bit more flexibility with the water flow's direction. :thumbup:

Many thanks for the advice.

Back