• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Powerhead recommendation

ShropshireLad

Hi

I'm looking for a powerhead to supplement the flow of my Biomaster 600 in a very tall low tech 250l tank. I have the spray bar at the right hand side just under the surface running across the length of the tank to the left hand side. The flow comes down the glass on the left hand side and is good along the substrate on that side but fizzles out about half way back, where I am getting persistent BGA coming out of the substrate. I'd like to put a powerhead low down on the left side to get good flow all the way along the substrate back towards the inlet.

Ideally something fairy small and quiet. I looked at Hydor Koralia Nano 1600lph but seems to be out of stock everywhere.. any recommendations?

Thanks

This looks reasonable. Unsure about which one though. Does anyone know if the flow rate is adjustable? Im thinking either the 6015 or 6025. 1800lph or 2500lph.

Ideally something fairy small and quiet. I looked at Hydor Koralia Nano 1600lph but seems to be out of stock everywhere.. any recommendations?
I have this powerhead, and it is pretty decent. One thing I will say, it is quiet when it wants to be. Some days I can barely hear it, other days it's very noisy with no rhyme or reason.

I have this powerhead, and it is pretty decent. One thing I will say, it is quiet when it wants to be. Some days I can barely hear it, other days it's very noisy with no rhyme or reason.
Which one do you have and what sized tank? Can you adjust the flow rate?

Well my findings on the 6025 are...

a) the flow is great, maybe too great for a 250l low tech tank. I now have 3750lph flow with the biomaster 600 too haha. It took me a while to find a position where it wasn't blasting all the plants around.

B) the flow isn't adjustable. I have since found out that the 6045 is. So I probably would have gone for that if I had known. That one can be adjusted down to 1500lph or up to 4500lph.

C) its a bit rattly and not dead silent.

If this doesn't get rid of the Cyano then I don't know what will.

Back